What you need:
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup olive oil, divided use
- 2 close garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided use
- 3/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided use
- 2 ½ pounds whole rockfish, cleaned and gutted
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
How you do it:
- Mix half oil, garlic, thyme, two-thirds salt and two-thirds pepper. Rub mixture onto inside and
outside of fish. Marinate for 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, mix onion, tomato, remaining oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place fish on a hot grill. Cook 5 to 8 minutes on each side, basting frequently with marinade.
- Serve with tomato / onion mixture.