What you need:
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped (see note)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds (1 ½ inch) tuna steaks
- 1 (14 ½ ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
How you do it:
- Heat grill.
- In a bowl combine tomato, onion, jalapeño, lime and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Set
- Brush tuna with oil. Grill fish about 5 minutes per side until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Remove from grill and set aside.
- Heat beans in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, place tortillas on grill for 15 seconds per side.
- Cut tuna into 1-inch chunks.
- In a bowl, combine tuna with tomato mixture and avocado sprinkled with any remaining lime
juice. Layer each warm tortilla with ¼ cup black beans and a portion of tuna salad.