What you need:
Makes 4 servings
- 2 pounds cleaned whole squid
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 (16-ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon crushed dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
How you do it:
- Cut the body of the squid into ½ inch slices. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender.
- Add squid and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 4 to 7
minutes or until squid is tender.
- Serve over a bed of rice.